[avahi] getaddrinfo() access to avahi problem

Ernesto Silva erniesilva at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:50:42 PST 2010

> If you look through the bug history you will see that:
>
> 1. The bug existed in Jaunty
> 2. The bug was fixed in Karmic
> 3. The bug was reintroduced into Karmic on 11 Jan, 2010 because of a "fix"
> for another issue.
>
> The other contending issue is that people see multi-second delays when
> using broken routers that don't respond to AAAA queries.
>
> -Patrick

Hi Patrick, the situation is killing me, je. I've upgraded to Karmic last
night and as you predicted it only searches for A queries.
I can't spent more hours on this, I'll downgrade my testing installation to
IPv4 private static addresses.
I must put the system to work and I can't follow this amount of changes on
the library.
I know is not your fault nor the avahi team but the library maintainers.

Perhaps I'll give it a try in a couple of years.

Best regards and many thanks for your help,
Ernesto Silva.