[avahi] Getting org.freedesktop.Avahi.TimeoutError in avahi browser with client-publish-service.c example

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri May 7 01:43:40 PDT 2010

On 05/07/2010 01:28 PM, "Victor M. Palacio Tárrega" wrote:
> Hi Antonie,
>
> I'm compiling a modification of the example 'client-publish-service.c'.
>
> (Example from http://avahi.org/download/doxygen/)
Hah, well since it comes from avahi.org, one can assume that they know
what they're doing.

One thing you can try is to reverse the roles and move the publisher to
the receiver and vice versa. (a broken multicast network is a
possibility but it might not affect both machines)
You could also try to strace the publisher to make sure that it wakes up
when being queried.
Once you get timeouts, does this affect all the services on that machine
or just your own one?

Hope this helps
Antoine