[avahi] mDNS with multiple paths to target

Jan Dvořák mordae at anilinux.org
Mon Apr 11 23:15:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

I recently run into a problem. After creating a tinc VPN with all
my machines in it, avahi automatically picked it up and, to my
surprise, flawlessly worked. It seemed nice, so I left it that way.

The day after that, I've NFS-mounted a share from one of my
machines at home and started watching a movie. Or rather, attempted
to start watching a movie, since it was terribly slow. After a
while I found out that .local name of the NFS machine have been
resolved through VPN and thus the whole stream went via my
VPS in datacenter.

Is there a way to tell avahi to only use responses from one interface
if no response from some other interface have been received?

With thanks for your help and hard work
  on this nice piece of software,
	Jan Dvorak