[avahi] Server vs Client...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Wed Apr 13 09:24:49 PDT 2011

Hello,

   I'm just poking around the sources and trying to learn, the examples
directory has a client publishing and browsing. The avahi-discover tool
however uses a server instead of a client. It doesn't suffer from the
resolving issues my client version does. So I'm curious. Why use a
server vs a client when dealing with avahi? In addition, the
avahi-discover code doesn't have a resolver callback, its browse
callback is pre-resolved it seems. Which makes me think I should be
changing my code to be a server browser instead of a client browser. Any
caveats I should know?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613