[avahi] Record too large, cannot send

JOna Brax jblistat at sll.fi
Thu Nov 8 06:27:03 PST 2012

07.11.2012 18:50, JOna Brax kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> I found this same bug when I tried to add my 21st TimeMacine-client to
> Ubuntu-12.04 netatalk afp fileserver.
>
> I scanned the avahi-mailarchive from 2011 to this day and the last time
> this problem was mentioned seemed to be on Mon Oct 3 2011.
>
> I would like to add ten more TimeMachine-clients, so any information
> about a fix or a workaround to this problem would be highly appreciated.
>
> JOna

I had to invent something so here is my current workaround.
I divided all my clients to three categories:

1) persons who need high security, and custom quota: they all have their
own account and server, max 18

2) persons with small quota and no need for high security: they all
share the account tm1, volsizelimit:80000

3) persons with big quota and no need for high security: they all share
the account tm2, volsizelimit:160000

With this scema I can now serve 40 TM-clients.

JOna.