[avahi] How to avoid make install directories being built into avahi-daemon?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Sun Nov 18 23:39:55 PST 2012

>>>>> "Olle" == Olle Blomgren <ollemblomgren at gmail.com> writes:

 Olle> Hi,
 Olle> I'm cross compiling your code for use in an embedded Linux
 Olle> environment. My build system works like this:
 Olle> 1)
 Olle>  I extract all source code in packages and place all of them in a
 Olle> root directory, eg:

 Olle> /home/olle/myrootdir/avahi
 Olle> /home/olle/myrootdir/packageA
 Olle> /home/olle/myrootdir/packageB
 Olle>                      :
 Olle>                     etc
 Olle>                      :

 Olle> 2)
 Olle> When I run make int the root dir all packages are built and
 Olle> installed in a target directory, eg:
 Olle> /home/olle/myrootdir/target/sbin/avahi-daemon
 Olle> /home/olle/myrootdir/target/etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
 Olle>                                     :
 Olle>                                    etc
 Olle>                                     :
 Olle> To achieve step 2 use configure --prefix=/home/olle/myrootdir/target

Don't do that. Use --prefix=path-on-target (E.G. /usr) and then pass
DESTDIR=host-location-of-target-rootfs when you run make install, or
even better use one of the existing cross build systems.

I'm the maintainer of buildroot (http://buildroot.net), but I believe
just about all of them have avahi packages.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard