[avahi] How to only advertise service on specific IP?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:23:57 PDT 2013

hi again...

On 10 October 2013 20:25, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to specify which IP addresses are being advertised or not?

it seems that the way to provide this is by registering an address
with a unique hostname, and use that hostname when publishing the
service...
that hostname would resolve to the IP addresses the application is listening on.

However, when I do avahi-publish-address on my address, I get an error
about local name collision.
Googling indicates that the issue is with the implicit registration of
the reverse dns for that.

What's the C API, (that would be compatible with libdns_sd) that would
allow to register an address/host name?

Thanks
JY