[avahi] Receive mDNS annoucnements

Michael Jones avahi at jonesmz.com
Tue Nov 25 15:38:36 PST 2014

> In the avahi-client C-API there is the concept of a Service Browser and a
> Record Browser. Service Browser sounds like what you are using now:
>
> | AvahiServiceBrowser* avahi_service_browser_new | ( | AvahiClient *  |
> client, |
> |  |  | AvahiIfIndex  | interface, |
> |  |  | AvahiProtocol  | protocol, |
> |  |  | const char *  | type, |
> |  |  | const char *  | domain, |
> |  |  | AvahiLookupFlags  | flags, |
> |  |  | AvahiServiceBrowserCallback  | callback, |
> |  |  | void *  | userdata  |
> |  | ) |
>

> The type being for example _http._tcp. Whereas a Record Browser looks like
> this:
>
> | AvahiRecordBrowser* avahi_record_browser_new | ( | AvahiClient *  |
> client, |
> |  |  | AvahiIfIndex  | interface, |
> |  |  | AvahiProtocol  | protocol, |
> |  |  | const char *  | name, |
> |  |  | uint16_t  | clazz, |
> |  |  | uint16_t  | type, |
> |  |  | AvahiLookupFlags  | flags, |
> |  |  | AvahiRecordBrowserCallback  | callback, |
> |  |  | void *  | userdata  |
> |  | ) |

Hi Jonathan,

    Yea, that looks familiar. As far as I remember, the qtzeroconf (either
the original, or my fork) doesn't use the avahi_record_browser api.

    I'd be happy to collaborate with you on building support for that.

    Should be pretty straight forward. Mostly we'll just need to copy and
modify the ServiceBrowser class, I think.

--Mike