[avahi] Avahi on Fedora 21

Robert M. Albrecht lists at romal.org
Fri Nov 28 20:28:08 PST 2014

i,

I'm running Avahi on a Fedora 20 to announce some printers to OSX boxes.
I do this for 2-3 years and never had any problems.

I now upgraded the system to Fedora 21 and something strange happens.

Avahi announces the services perfectly. After some time (1-3 hours) the
OSX do not see the printer accouncements anymore.

If I do a

avahi-browse -a

the services reappear. Restarting the service does help. ps tells me,
the daemon is running.

I appended a debug switch, but there is nothing strange to be found in
syslog.

[Unit]
Description=Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack
Requires=avahi-daemon.socket

[Service]
Type=dbus
BusName=org.freedesktop.Avahi
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -s --debug
ExecReload=/usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -r
NotifyAccess=main

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Also=avahi-daemon.socket
Alias=dbus-org.freedesktop.Avahi.service

Any ideas how to debug this ? Where to look ?

Regards,
Robert