[avahi] Avahi on Fedora 21

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Sun Nov 30 20:46:02 PST 2014

Hi Robert,

The most common cause of this issue is that the network driver is not correctly handling multicast.

Can you please try one of these two things and let me know if it resolves the issue.  Replace ‘eth0’ with your relevant interface:

(1) Leave tcpdump running (goes into promiscuous mode, and thus, all multicast packets are received, even if the network driver is broken)
tcpdump -ni eth0

(2) Enable the ‘all multicast’ flag:
ifconfig eth0 allmulti

Regards,