[avahi] Avahi-browse without caching

Dominik Zäuner hurzelchen at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:24:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm currently using

avahi-browse -t --all

to find the mDNS-capable devices that I'm looking for. But if they are
disconnected after one run, the still show up in the result list.

The manpage only shows an option to only show results from the cache but
not the other way round.

And the only way that I've found to reload avahi-daemons's cache is to
restart it which requires root priviliges and I don't want to need them.

So, is there a way to either tell avahi-browse to not show cached
results or to reload the cache without needing root privileges?

Thanks,

Dominik