[avahi] I cannot get autoipd to work (for more than a minute)
jeremy at ZeeVee.Com
Thu Jun 11 15:53:24 PDT 2015
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS loaded on an Intel NUC
- Unplug eth0 from network with dhcp server
- As expected, dhcp client withdraws its address and a few seconds later, avahi-autoipd will generate a 169 address. All looks good.
— I do see the syslog messages from autoipd picking a LL address
— the eth0:avahi interface is seen and has the 169 address
- Connect eth0 directly to my macbook. It also has a 169 address.
- For maybe a minute, the macbook can ping the ubuntu system (using hostname.local or actual ip addr)
- Then, the eth0:avahi interface and its LL address goes away
-- This seems to follow the syslog message:
Jun 11 13:43:54 z4k NetworkManager: <info> (eth0): deactivating device (reason 'carrier-changed') 
-- There are a bunch of other network manager log messages, all seem to be trying to do somethin to eth0
- If I then "avahi-autoipd --kill eth0" and then restart it, all is good once again... for a little while.
- There are no other enabled interfaces (wlan is the only other available and it is disabled)
- And I do not think I did anything unusual otherwise — pretty typical install (done last night)
I have spent hours and hours on this... seems pretty basic, so I hope I'm just not doing something really dumb.
Any help would be really, really appreaciated!!!!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the avahi