[avahi] Announcing Avahi 0.6.32-rc release candidate!

Jonathan Bagg jbagg at lenbrook.com
Fri Oct 9 18:42:17 PDT 2015

Trent

I had a look at avahi-qt in 0.6.32-rc and it looks like there is still no QT5 support.  I found this patch for QT5 support...

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/avahi/2014-October/002305.html

If I pass an AvahiPoll from avahi_qt_poll_get() to avahi_client_new() the program will segfault with Qt5 (Qt4 works fine).  I have a Qt class that wraps avahi-client.  In order to get it to work with Qt5, I need to distribute a modified avahi-qt.

Jon

On 15-10-09 08:53 PM, Trent Lloyd wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have put together a long-overdue release candidate incorporating a
> bunch of bug fixes source from various places and also many of the
> patches currently being shipped in distributions.
>
> I intend to release this soon, but wanted to give a small window (1-2
> weeks) for feedback for any issues with the release candidate,
> particularly from any of the distro maintainers.
>
> I am also happy to receive suggestions for any burning patches that
> have not made it into this release so far, however there are quite a
> few other issues and new features I am currently looking at and hope to
> work towards another release soon in any case.
>
> Big thanks to everyone involved with filing bugs or patches!
>

> News updated for authenticity: http://avahi.org/
>
> Release candidate downloads:
> https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/releases/tag/0.6.32-rc
> https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/archive/0.6.32-rc.tar.gz
> (I'll get these into the proper /download location for release)
>
> Please file issues here:
> https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/issues
>
> Thanks,
> Trent
>
> Avahi 0.6.32-rc
> ===============
>
> This is largely a bugfix release, non-bug changes are listed
> separately.
>
>   * Don't log warnings about invalid packets, commonly triggered by
> Windows 10 systems
>   * Fix issue with bad packet size estimation, causing probes to
> continuously be sent when hosting large numbers of services (Lee, Chun
> -Yi)
>   * Fix build on Solaris/SmartOS (filio.h issue)
>   * Fix build on FreeBSD (PCAP_D_IN issue)
>   * Fix debug output with libdaemon >= 0.14
>   * avahi_server_set_browse_domains now correctly uses the provided
> list, instead of re-using the list from the configuration file
>   * Set nl_pid to 0, this will automatically assign the value and
> prevent conflicts per netlink(7). (Bug #334)
>   * Check for netlink pid=0 (kernel) instead of uid=0, which works
> correctly with network & user namespaces.
>   * Fix reversed IFA_LOCAL and IFA_ADDRESS checks. (Avahi#355)
>   * Don't fail the build on deprecated GTK/GLIB usage
>   * Gracefully fail if SO_REUSEPORT is not available
>   * Minor Python 3 update for the python ServiceTypeDatabase test usage
> of print, should be backwards compatible
>
> Changes
>
>   * GTK3 deprecation fixes including vbox, g_object_unref on GdkCursor,
> stock items, composite API
>   * New feature: host-name-from-machine-id= to configure the hostname
> from the machine-id, defaults to off.
>   * Configuration change: Enable IPv6 by default (use-ipv6=yes)
>   * Configuration change: Disable publishing HINFO and WORKSTATION
> records in the default config (publish-hinfo=no, publish
> -workstation=no)
>   * Configuration change: Don't browse 0pointer.de and zeroconf.org wide
> -area by default (browse-domain=)

> [...]

Jonathan Bagg
Embedded Systems Developer
NAD Electronics | Lenbrook Industries Limited
633 Granite Court, Pickering, Ontario, Canada L1W 3K1 | 905-831-0799 ext 4478 | http://www.nadelectronics.com