[Beignet] Adjust the maximum timeout for execution

t0nvi mr.t0nvi at gmail.com
Tue May 27 04:59:44 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to use beignet to run a very complex job. It takes like
2min in order to complete.
Unfortunately, I've noticed that I'm able to complete the job only if
the screen is locked; otherwise
my job  get killed after few seconds (up to 6 sec but it may vary) and
I'm not able to see the expected results.

Can anyone explain why this happens? When the screen is locked some
IOCTL are issued to the driver in order to increase the maximum
execution time?

What can I do to have long lasting kernel (e.g. 10 mins) running on
the GPU using beignet (in the case I do not care if the screen became
unresponsive...)?

Thank you
Antonio