[Beignet] Adjust the maximum timeout for execution

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 07:17:19 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:59 AM, t0nvi <mr.t0nvi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use beignet to run a very complex job. It takes like
> 2min in order to complete.
> Unfortunately, I've noticed that I'm able to complete the job only if
> the screen is locked; otherwise
> my job  get killed after few seconds (up to 6 sec but it may vary) and
> I'm not able to see the expected results.
>
> Can anyone explain why this happens? When the screen is locked some
> IOCTL are issued to the driver in order to increase the maximum
> execution time?
>
> What can I do to have long lasting kernel (e.g. 10 mins) running on
> the GPU using beignet (in the case I do not care if the screen became
> unresponsive...)?

I have no idea what's special about screen lock but have you tried
this tip from the Beignet freedesktop page (if u r confidence with for
kernel probably):

```
As some OpenCL kerne (in OpenCV 2.4 OCL test suite) runs more than 10
seconds, it may be reset by the kernel as the kernel has a GPU
hangcheck mechanism. You can disable the hangcheck by invoke the
following command on Ubuntu system:

# echo -n 0 > /sys/module/i915/parameters/enable_hangcheck

But this command is a little bit dangerous, as if your kernel hang,
then the gpu will hang forever.
```

Yichao Yu