[Beignet] Which version of mesa that Beignet could compile with?

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 04:07:28 PDT 2014

On 20/10/14 06:07, Zhigang Gong wrote:
> Please check out the README in the package:
>

> * cl\_khr\_gl\_sharing.
>
> This extension highly depends on mesa support. It seems that mesa
> would not provide
>
> such type of extensions, we may have to hack with mesa source code
> to support this
>
> extension. This feature used to work with a previous mesa git
> version. But now, it's
>
> simply broken.

I'm certain this is just too defeatist.  I tried sending a message to
mesa-dev earlier in the year, but didn't get a response.  Don't assume
that means mesa wouldn't provide the needed infrastructure, it just
means there's currently no mesa dev willing to pick it up! (or noticed
the email)

I would suggest somebody more involved with this project, preferably
an Intel engineer give it another go, or even better write the patch
for mesa and post it to mesa-dev, code always speaks louder than words!