[Beignet] Which version of mesa that Beignet could compile with?

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 04:56:20 PDT 2014

Steven,

Thanks for the good suggestion.

I did send a patchset to mesa-dev more than one year ago.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2013-July/041770.html

You can see that there is no response after I sent the version 2 patchset.
And after that, I have to implement a very hacky and not portable version
in beignet internal and is broken after mesa changed some internal
implementation.

To support this feature gracefully, mesa has to create the new extension to
let the cl driver could talk to the dri driver layer to get some low
level buffer attribute and
to sync with each other.

Otherwise, we just have to implement another hacky version and will be
broken soon for sure.