[Beignet] Which version of mesa that Beignet could compile with?

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 05:48:58 PDT 2014

On 20/10/14 12:56, Zhigang Gong wrote:
> Steven,
>
> Thanks for the good suggestion.
>
> I did send a patchset to mesa-dev more than one year ago.
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2013-July/041770.html

My email archive doesn't go back that far, otherwise I'd dump it and try
to get it some attention.

> You can see that there is no response after I sent the version 2 patchset.
> And after that, I have to implement a very hacky and not portable version
> in beignet internal and is broken after mesa changed some internal
> implementation.

If it can be rebased, I suggest sending it again, CC'd to any relevant
maintainers, perhaps?

> To support this feature gracefully, mesa has to create the new extension to
> let the cl driver could talk to the dri driver layer to get some low
> level buffer attribute and
> to sync with each other.
>
> Otherwise, we just have to implement another hacky version and will be
> broken soon for sure.

I think it's already proved, the maintenance burden is too high for it
to be kept working beyond a single Mesa release, let alone multiple
stable/development versions.