[Beignet] Question on some implementation details: async copy and vector functions

Dehuan Xin dxin at usc.edu
Sun Nov 15 01:49:43 PST 2015

Hi,

I have two questions on the implementation detail of Beignet:

1. I see in this file that async copy is implemented as a for-loop. Does
this mean async copy is currently a processor copy and is not offloaded to
hardware like DMA and it's not truly `async`, either?
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/tree/backend/src/libocl/src/ocl_async.cl

2. In this source file, I see vector load is scalarized to scalar load, is
this behavior disabled when `__attribute__((vec_type_hint(<type*n*>)))` is
used?
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/tree/backend/src/libocl/src/ocl_vload.cl

Regards
Dehuan