[Beignet] Kaby lake perf worse than Skylake?

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Thu Jul 20 04:15:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Yang, Rong R <rong.r.yang at intel.com>
wrote:
> Is the quantity of infrared data they process same? Is it affected by
> fps? Has you try other method, such as the profiling time. Actually,
> in beignet, the Kabylake is almost same as Skylake.

The sensor operates at a fixed frame rate (30 fps), so the data
processed was the same in both cases.

I haven't tried profiling the process yet, but may look into that. Is
there any tools available for profiling OpenCL code?

I expected Kabylake the performance would be about the same or better
than Skylake, which is why I was surprised that it seems to perform not
as well for this task.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.