[Beignet] Kaby lake perf worse than Skylake?

Yang, Rong R rong.r.yang at intel.com
Thu Jul 20 06:39:41 UTC 2017

You could use the OpenCL api clGetEventProfilingInfo to get the OpenCL enqueue functions profiling information.

> I expected Kabylake the performance would be about the same or better
> than Skylake, which is why I was surprised that it seems to perform not as
> well for this task.

To compare Kabylake and Skylake, you'd better fix them to the same  frequency, by setting the
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_max_freq and /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_min_freq to the same value.