[cairo] pixman_format_create & PIXMAN_FORMAT_NAME_RG_B24

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Fri Apr 16 09:03:57 PDT 2004

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 00:24:51 -0800, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
> In pixman_format_create, this is created as:
>
>          return pixman_format_create_masks (32,
>                                      0x0,
>                                      0xff0000,
>                                      0x00ff00,
>                                      0x0000ff);
>
> should that 32 be a 24

I think that is correct.

> or is RG_B24 data treated as always stored in
> 32-bit values?

I think that that is the only format currently used by cairo. It may be
that libpixman has code for other kinds of packing, (since this code was
all copied out of the fb module from the X server), but I haven't tested
it or tried to hook it up so pieces may be missing.

> (Also, I'm curious, why the extra _ in ..._NAME_RG_B24
> and _NAME_AR_GB32? :)

That was just a bug leftover from search-and-replace when renaming libic
to libpixman. Thanks for pointing it out. The fix is now in CVS.