[cairo] Invoking autogen.sh in non-english locales

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Sat Aug 14 06:36:54 PDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:29:29 +0200, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
> Your string->number conversion hacks do not work in non-english locales:
>
> To avoid this problem add a
>
>   LANG=C

Thanks for the report and for a fix.

I found this problem in cairo/autogen.sh and committed it. Did you see
it anywhere else?

Meanwhile, I'm not sure if the version checks are properly set at the
minimum working version. For example, a user of Mac OS X just reported
that the version checks fail with the dfault automake there (1.6.3?). Is
anyone in a position to check if that was a false negative, and if so,
to back up automake_min_version? Thanks.