[cairo] Invoking autogen.sh in non-english locales

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Sun Aug 15 03:03:44 PDT 2004

On 14/08/04 14:36, Carl Worth wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:29:29 +0200, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
>

>>Your string->number conversion hacks do not work in non-english locales:
>>
>>To avoid this problem add a
>>
>>  LANG=C
>>

>Thanks for the report and for a fix.
>
>I found this problem in cairo/autogen.sh and committed it. Did you see
>it anywhere else?
>
>Meanwhile, I'm not sure if the version checks are properly set at the
>minimum working version. For example, a user of Mac OS X just reported
>that the version checks fail with the dfault automake there (1.6.3?). Is
>anyone in a position to check if that was a false negative, and if so,
>to back up automake_min_version? Thanks.

If you want more full featured checks, you may as well swipe the
gnome-autogen.sh script from gnome-common. You could then rewrite the
cairo autogen script like this:

    #!/bin/sh
    srcdir=`dirname $0`
    test -z "$srcdir" && srcdir=.
    PKG_NAME=cairo
    REQUIRED_AUTOMAKE_VERSION=1.7
    REQUIRED_AUTOCONF_VERSION=2.54
    REQUIRED_LIBTOOL_VERSION=1.4
    . gnome-autogen.sh

The version checks gnome-autogen.sh does don't rely on the locale's
decimal separator, so shouldn't suffer from the problem Jost mentioned
(they are also capable of performing version checks with more than two
components).

James.

Email: james at jamesh.id.au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/