[cairo] Some more glitz questions - ugly resolution of the resize problem

Alex Dubov oakad at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 04:15:43 PDT 2004

Hello.
I've implemented a temporal solution to the problem
that works (in ugly way). To resize a glitz surface
I'm doing cairo_destroy / glitz_surface_destroy /
glitz_glx_fini, then I resize the widget (basically
using XResizeWindow - I'm using a basic QWidget now
instead of QGLWidget; this does not makes me happy).
After that, I shall do all the surface creation stuff:
find_format / surface_create_for_window / cairo_create
/ cairo_set_target.

This is an only way I found to make the resize work as
expected. I saw in the cairo.h file commented out call
"cairo_xlib_surface_set_size". Would not it be nice to
have "cairo_glitz_surface_set_size" call too?
It will also be nice to make glitz surface constructor
that uses existing glxcontext for use with glut or qt
windows or such.