[cairo] Your 1.0 release

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de
Mon Aug 29 15:02:12 PDT 2005

Hi all,

first of all, congratulations to your 1.0 release!

This was reason enough to give it a try for the
development version 1.3.1cvs of Scribus.

My testings so far are very encouraging, mostly
the speed improvements convinced me to put the
cairo bindings into our public cvs.

There is only one bug that prevents us from
switching completly to a cairo based rendering,
thats the bug with dashes not rendered on curves.

When you could fix that we are able to drop
the libart based rendering we are currently using.

Keep up the good work!

Franz Schmid
Maintainer and Core-Developer of Scribus.