[cairo] Glitz API questions

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Feb 28 18:22:16 PST 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 19:11, David Reveman wrote:
> glitz_glx_create_pbuffer is a backend function and
> glitz_glx_pbuffer_create is the pbuffer creation function implemented in
> glitz_glx_pbuffer.c.

Got it.

> Very unlikely. I'm pretty happy with the current backend interface.
> Unless your EGL backend needs something additional, I think we can stick
> to the current interface.

EGL already handles window system objects in a fairly opaque manner so if
anything it should be even simpler than the GLX backend.

> Eventually we want to be able to run glitz just on top of the EGL common
> profile, right?
> This will require that some of the core OpenGL API is considered
> extensions within glitz. It shouldn't be to hard to get this right but
> it's a fair amount of work so if you need any help, let me know.

What I'm targetting first is just the EGL API bound to Mesa's existing GL
core.  Eventually I'll try it against one of the open implementations of the
common profile and see what breaks but that's a bit further down the line
yet.  I'm motivated more by wanting a good API for Solo than actually trying
to run glitz embedded - for now anyway.

- ajax