[cairo] Problems with rendering

Christoph Wegscheider wegi at despammed.com
Mon Jan 17 04:13:15 PST 2005

Hi,
I'm using cairo by running the devel version of wmii (wmi.modprobe.de).
I have a dual head setup with a nvidia Geforce3 (nvidia binary only
driver) and a old Matrox Millenium II 4MB. On the nvidia screen cairo
works great, but on the Matrox one it shows nothing but text.

I tested the X11 cairo-demo apps with the same result (only text is
displayed). I tried to recompile cairo and switch off opengl, as the
Matrox card can't do it, same result.

I'm running debian testing/unstable
ii  xlibs           4.3.0.dfsg.1-10
ii  libcairo1       0.2.0-1
ii  libpixman1      0.1.2-1

I also tried with the packages which are in debian 0.1.23 with the same
results.

Maybe the Matrox card lacks  some requirements I'm not aware of?
Hopefully one of you can help me.

Thx

	Christoph