[cairo] Problem with png backend on x86_64

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Mon Jan 17 07:50:04 PST 2005

The attached PNG images illustrate a problem with font rendering on an
x86_64 system, but not on an i386 system.  It looks like some kind of
byte alignment issue?

The images were generated with cairo-demo/png/text
All sources from CVS this morning.
(With just a "#define CAIRO_HAS_FT_FONT" in cairoint.h to get cairo to
compile.)

I'm seeing this problem in my app to pngs, but not to X11 pixmaps, so
I'm guessing that it is specific to the png backend.

I can investigate further if you need, but I would appreciate any hints
as to where to look.

John