[cairo] Creating SVG files

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Dec 11 23:48:22 PST 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:38:25 +0530,  wrote:
>     I am working on a project in which we need to generate SVG files

Cairo should be able to help there.

> , is there some API in the cairo library that can create the SVG
> file for me

Yes. Use cairo_svg_surface_create, (which exists as of cairo >=
1.2.0).

> based on some proprietory format

That's going to be up to you to parse, and then call into cairo,
(cairo_move_to, cairo_line_to, cairo_stroke, etc.)

> and also can i install
> the cairo libraries in HP-UX 11.11 since that is the platform where
> i am working in.  I don't know how to go about it.... ?

It should work fine, (and please let us know if it doesn't). Just grab
the latest tar file from here:

	http://cairographics.org/releases

Un-tar that ("tar xzf cairo-1.2.6.tar.gz" for example), the follow the
instructions that will appear in cairo-1.2.6/INSTALL.

And please let us know if anything is unclear so that we can improve
the clarity of the documentation.

And please have fun with cairo!

> attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of
> the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or
> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you
> should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
> notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message
> and any attachments.

Please note that the intended addressee is a public mailing list which
has permanent, public archives. If that's a problem, please don't send
future messages to the public list. Otherwise, please ask your
administrators to remove the disclaimer suggesting you shouldn't be
sending messages to such publicly archived lists. Thanks.