[cairo] Problem with rcairo 1.2.0 on Mac OSX 10.4.7

Anne G anne at wjh.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 28 09:23:38 PDT 2006

Thanks for your response, I was following the installation
instructions in INSTALL in cairo-1.2.0
 		PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/cairo/lib/pkgconfig
		LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/cairo/lib
		export PKG_CONFIG_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I changed the /etc/profile to
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

I generated a new cairo folder, configured, make, sudo make
install.
generated a new rcairo folder, run installation,

now I get a new error in rib, require 'cairo':

dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_TIFFWriteDirectory
  Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
  Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libTIFF.dylib

ls /usr/local/lib/libt*
/usr/local/lib/libtiff.3.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libtiffxx.3.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libtiff.a
/usr/local/lib/libtiffxx.a
/usr/local/lib/libtiff.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libtiffxx.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libtiff.la
/usr/local/lib/libtiffxx.la

ls /usr/local/lib/libT*
ls: /usr/local/lib/libT*: No such file or directory

the library I have is libtiff.dylib, I downloaded it 3 days
ago, so I think I have something fairly recent.
what do I do?

I am also worried that it is only going to look in
/usr/local/lib.
Packages that I hand install seem to go to /usr/local/lib,
but packages installed with darwinport would be in an
opt/local/lib...

thanks for your help,

anne