[cairo] Problems with cairo_get_line_width and "new" semantics

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 16 17:09:00 PDT 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 15:24:35 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> > SVG has precisely the same failure pattern as PDF right now.
>
> I haven't looked any closer at this one yet, Emmanuel?

This is done now. The same approach as for the PDF backend works just
fine, (that is emitting the pen matrix into the <stroke> element where
it will affect both the pen and the path---and counteract the effect
on the path by first running all path coordinates through the inverse
pen matrix).

Here's the patch that does that:

http://gitweb.cairographics.org/?p=users-cworth-cairo;a=commitdiff;h=47d84e823e5b37bde8c4ae3aec5fb45f59c929ef

With this, with Jeff's fix for poppler (thanks!), and with one other
bug fix for something I just introduced on this branch I've now got
the head of my line-width-scale branch passing this test and not
introducing any regressions into other tests.

So I'm happy with the overall behavior now, and I'll just go fix the
API now, (Bill and Behdad seem to be converging on something
good). Then a quick rebuild of this branch and it can get pushed out.

Meanwhile, there's still the semantic change needed for the font size
(along with a test case for it) as well as the cleanup of the
ps-pdf-dpi branch.

Clearly not enough hours in the day...

But thanks for all the help, everybody!