[cairo] Flash blend modes

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Tue Apr 10 04:12:28 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've been having a look at Flash 8 rendering capabilities recently, and it
seems I'm missing features from Cairo to support all of them in Swfdec. One
of these features are blend modes which are described very nicely at [1]. If
you have an Adobe Flash player 8+ handy, there's examples of how they look
at [2] and [3].
Since blend modes are basically the same as Cairo operators I intend to get
a mapping from Cairo operators to blend modes. However, most blend modes are
currently not supported by the very limited lists of operators.

Is there an interest to get some/all of these operators into Cairo? If so, I
might have a go at implementing them, since I'd want to have them in Cairo
1.6.

Cheers,
Benjamin

[1]