[cairo] Flash blend modes

Emmanuel Pacaud emmanuel.pacaud at lapp.in2p3.fr
Tue Apr 10 05:29:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

Le mardi 10 avril 2007 à 13:12 +0200, Benjamin Otte a écrit :
> I've been having a look at Flash 8 rendering capabilities recently,
> and it seems I'm missing features from Cairo to support all of them in
> Swfdec. One of these features are blend modes which are described very
> nicely at [1]. If you have an Adobe Flash player 8+ handy, there's
> examples of how they look at [2] and [3].
> Since blend modes are basically the same as Cairo operators I intend
> to get a mapping from Cairo operators to blend modes. However, most
> blend modes are currently not supported by the very limited lists of
> operators.
>
> Is there an interest to get some/all of these operators into Cairo? If
> so, I might have a go at implementing them, since I'd want to have
> them in Cairo 1.6.

I'm pretty interested in extended blend mode support at the cairo level,
to the point I've already tried to implement them (not exactly the flash
set, but the adobe set, which is required for SVG 1.2 comp-op
implementation).

See my previous message:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-January/009268.html

I did'nt work on this since january though, and I'm not sure how it fits
with the undergoing pixman rewrite.

	Emmanuel.