[cairo] Any application/IDE/plugin for artists that generate Cairo code ?

Gerdus van Zyl gerdusvanzyl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 03:08:07 PDT 2008

Not that I know of. The normal recommended approach is to render SVG
using librsvg which uses cairo. SVG can be edited/exported by many
applications including illustrator and inkskape.

Personally I would like to see a tool like this, with a file format
that would be the subset of SVG that can be rendered with cairo api
(so no CSS,bitmap filters,blend modes,etc). And that can be used to
generate code (c,python,etc) corresponding cairo api code.

P.S. In my opinion cairo should be able to render all of the graphical
features of SVG directly. The svg toolkits that use cairo use a lot of
fallbacks currently to work around "missing" features in cairo.

~Gerdus