[cairo] Pushing vmx patches in pixman

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun Jun 1 07:38:46 PDT 2008

Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> writes:
>
>>> In addition to mailing the patches, it's also convenient if you push
>>> your git branch to a public place. And this is really required before
>>> you push directly to cairo or pixman repositories so we can ensure
>>> your commits look exactly the way they should.
>>>
>> I published the branch as you suggested and here is the current diff
>> from master.
>
> I don't have a PowerPC, so I can't test this myself. The minimum
> amount of testing that needs to be done is:
>
>         (a) An X server linked to pixman works and displays a GNOME
>         desktop correctly, specifically without artefacts in the icon
>         rendering.

I'm using this pixman since the first time the code passed the test, so
this should work even if I'm not exactly using a gnome desktop I'm using
many gtk applications.

>         (b) Rendercheck run against the X server generally
>         passes. There are a number of options to this program. The
>         most important formats to test are 16 and 24 bit RGB formats,
>         and 8 bit alpha formats. The most important operations are
>         BLEND, OVER, ADD, IN, CLEAR.

I need to know more about this.

>         (c) The cairo test suite passes when run like this:
>
>                 env CAIRO_TEST_TARGET=image make test

Right now it fails on font related tests and it is expected since I
don't have the required fonts.

it also fails on leaky-dashed-rectangle but I'm not sure if it's pixman
related.

I updated my branch to build with the current changes.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member