[cairo] CMake

Felix Rabe public at felixrabe.textdriven.com
Fri May 2 02:47:04 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have the feeling this discussion is basically divided into two camps:

- The majority "I don't know autotools" camp (bashing autotools,
praising cmake).

- The minority "I don't know cmake" camp (bashing cmake very vocally:
"autotools can do that too").

- And then there's Behdad, his own camp because he belongs to the second
one but is (as I got it) the only one actually knowing how to maintain
the autotools build system of cairo.

Let me propose something:

Instead of continuing the mutual bashing, somebody (Jason G?) goes to
repo.or.cz or wherever and branches cairo for working on the cmake-based
build system (if that hasn't happened yet), and in a few months or so we
can come back to this discussion and make more informed statements based
on two real-world build system implementations.

As I'm not a contributor (yet), feel free to ignore what I just said :)

- Felix