[cairo] Error Loading FreeType Glyphs

Surith cairo at surith.net
Mon Oct 20 07:24:47 PDT 2008

AFAIK, David Turner proposed the same thing and contributed patches
that would make this easier. (Although David's goal was to do with
multithreaded usage I think.)
If you look at the Cairo roadmap, these changes are scheduled to be in
the main tree in future.

http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2007-February/009838.html