[cairo] Does target "dist" for Makefile.win32 makes sense?

Stefan Landvogt stefan.landvogt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:41:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am wondering whether it would be possible and what the effort would
be to add a new target in cairo and pixman which is called "dist" or
something similiar and it would simply create the following file
structure:

$(CAIRO_DIST_DIR)\include
	all necessary include files
$(CAIRO_DIST_DIR)\lib
	cairo-static.lib
	boiler.lib

$(PIXMAN_DIST_DIR)\include
	all necessary include files
$(PIXMAN_DIST_DIR)\lib
	pixman-1.lib

CAIRO_DIST_DIR would be something similiar to c:\Attic\Cairo
\cairo_lib_1.7.5 and PIXMAN_DIST_DIR would be something like c:\Attic
\Cairo\pixman_lib_0.11.9 and can then be used e.g. in VisualStudio...

If necessary I could extend and rebuild cairo, but have an setup,
where I could roll-in/roll-out different versions without changing any
file references in VisualStudio... I could even redistribute it if
necessary...

Does that make sense, or is there a different way to achieve, what I
want to achieve? Any volunteers?

Thanks,
Stefan