[cairo] External cairo-test-suite

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 08:05:06 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 09:54 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> For that matter, I don't want it to hide regressions in the XFAIL
> backend either. So we'll probably want to have something like:
>
> 	degenerate-path-ps-xfail.png
>
> and have the test suite first compare against -ref.png and if that fails
> then if there's also a -xfail.png then test against that, (match==XFAIL
> and mismatch=FAIL).

The more I think about it, this just sounds like how cairo-test-diff
should work - primarily as a means of detecting changes in output
between revisions, and then secondary checking compliance with an
absolute reference (i.e. the supplied reference image).

The other aspect of your recent regression hunt is that we sorely both
lack cairo-test-diff and automated checking (for which cairo-test-diff
would seem a vital tool).
--
Chris Wilson