[cairo] postscript backend cut my text

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 17:30:31 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 15:38 -0700, Charles Doutriaux wrote:
> I'm running inot a weird feature under cairo 1.7.6 and 1.7.2  (don't
> think it was in 1.6.4)
>
> Considering the attached piece of code, this used to work in previous
> version

Behdad spotted that the snippet was missing an initial cairo_save().
After adding that, the output looks like the axes for a graph, and
importantly look the same for the image and PS backends, using both
cairo-1.6 and master. This is the first hint of a regression with 1.7 so
its important for us that we are able to resolve it before 1.8 (which
Behdad keeps insisting is tomorrow ;-) If you please can verify the test
case and also grab a couple of screenshots to serve as a reference.

<plug>cairo-trace is a very useful tool for capture/replay of bugs:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ickle/cairo-trace/</plug>
--
Chris Wilson