[cairo] Problems compiling latest git on OSX

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Fri Dec 11 08:08:52 PST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 1:42 AM, Andrea Canciani wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Travis Griggs <tgriggs at cincom.com>
> wrote:
>> If I move up to the latest snapshot, 1.9.4, it too works fine. Or at
>> least, it compiles with the same set of scripts (I add --disable-ft,
>> because that seems to be required now).
> It shouldn't be required, it should compile fine with ft enabled.
> Could you post the compilation errors you get when enabling freetype?

ld warning: in /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib, file is not of
required architecture
ld warning: in /opt/local/lib/libz.dylib, file is not of required
architecture
ld: in /opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib, file is not of required
architecture
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld warning: duplicate dylib /opt/local/lib/libz.1.dylib
Undefined symbols:
   "__cairo_ft_unscaled_font_map_mutex", referenced from:
       __cairo_ft_unscaled_font_map_mutex$non_lazy_ptr in cairo-ft-
font.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/folders/h1/h1Tdk67hHrGKISaxD6n-4U++
+TI/-Tmp-//ccvbGXX7.out (No such file or directory)
make[3]: *** [libcairo.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2