[cairo] Problems compiling latest git on OSX

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Fri Dec 11 08:47:44 PST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 1:42 AM, Andrea Canciani wrote:

> Indeed the error you're seeing when compiling cairo-trace is caused by
> some missing headers that freetype uses as dependencies (I didn't
> notice this error because I usually compile with freetype enabled).
> Please try the attached patch. It should fix the compilation of
> cairo-trace.
> I think it should be ok, but I'll ask ickle before pushing it to
> master (I'll probably rewrite the commit message as I don't like it
> much right now).
> Thank you for your testing

OK, after applying the fix... it compiles! Huzzah! Hope whatever you
changed makes it in to the main branch soon, in one form or another.
Thank you!

I wonder if the problems I'm having with FreeType enabled, is that I'm
building a universal binary. Whatever ft libs it's finding (stock or
macports, dunno), may not be in universal format, and that may be
causing problems.

Off to check on those interesting visual artifacts I was pasting the
other day.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist