[cairo] [Patch] Some work on cairo-xcb

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sat Dec 18 04:39:36 PST 2010

Am 18.12.2010 12:41, Andrea Canciani wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:
[...]
>> Hopefully I didn't break anything this time.
>
> I tested your patches and I can confirm that 0001-...-v3 fixes
> clip-{fill-eo,fill-nz,stroke}-unbounded tests and 0002 fixes clear-source.

Thanks for taking a closer look at this and thanks for noticing that I missed
mentioning clip-stroke-unbounded. Added that to the commit message.

> Sorry for complaining about your patches again, but I think that the commit
> messages could be improved.
>
> For the 0001-...-v3, the first line should state what is the purpose of the
> commit (i.e. correcting the extents computation) instead of the effect
> (fixing the unbounded tests).
>
> For the 0002, it would be nice to explain why the optimization is incorrect
> NB: the problem is not actually just with source-bounded operations, the
> code is incorrect because it might be replacing a none-extended black
> surface with a solid color, which is not valid no matter what the operator
> is (actually it would be ok for DEST and CLEAR, but you should never
> get here if the op is one of them).

No problem, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this one is clearer now.

> If you want to, you can add Reviewed-by: Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com>
> to the commit messages, but that's only valid for the code, the commit messages
> can still be improved ;)

Added and improved. :)

I am attaching the current version of these two commits and I also updated the
git branch at
  git://git.znc.in/psychon/cairo.git for-master

Uli

--
- Buck, when, exactly, did you lose your mind?
- Three months ago. I woke up one morning married to a pineapple.