[cairo] Cairo 1.9.6: missing functions (?) for cairo_device_t + minor typo errors in cairo.h
Anne et Damien Carbonne
aetdcarbonne at free.fr
Mon Mar 22 15:39:29 PDT 2010
I'm currently preparing the Ada binding to a future Cairo-1.10 by using
the 1.9.6 snapshot.
I tried to mimic what I did previously with 1.8, without success in the
case of cairo_device_t, because I'm lacking the following functions:
For other ref counted types, the *_get_reference_count function is
usually provided. Shouldn't it be provided too in that case?
What about user data? Is there one attached to cairo_device_t? If not,
is it planned to add it?
Notice that if those functions are not provided, it is always possible
to create a binding! One simply needs to duplicate certain objects on
the binding side.
During this process I also noticed some minor errors in cairo.h:
* A #cairo_device_t represents the driver interface for drawing
* operations to a #cairo_surface_t. There are different subtypes of
* #cairo_device_t for different drawing backends; for example,
* cairo_xcb_device_create() creates a device that wraps the connection
* to an X Windows System using the XCB library.
* The type of a surface can be queried with cairo_device_get_type().
==> Should be: The type of a device ...
* Memory management of #cairo_device_t is done with
* cairo_device_reference() and cairo_device_destroy().
typedef struct _cairo_device cairo_device_t;
cairo_public cairo_region_t *
cairo_region_reference (cairo_region_t *); ==> Should be:
cairo_region_reference (cairo_region_t *region);
Thanks for your great job on cairo.
More information about the cairo