[cairo] API to disable subpixel antialiasing per-surface

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Wed Feb 23 14:14:27 PST 2011

I've run into another need for this API. Sometimes, for performance reasons,
we want to render content into a temporary surface and then composite that
surface with arbitrary transforms. In such situations we mustn't render with
subpixel antialiasing, obviously. The current cairo API doesn't give us a
reasonable way to disable it --- see the second paragraph of my original
message.

Thanks,
Rob