[cairo] create_surface_for_cg_context behavior in Cairo 1.9 vs. 1.12

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 09:55:54 PDT 2012

This is an iOS issue - moreover, you only see it when using iOS devices
running in "retina" mode (i.e. iPhone 4 or its simulator). I.e. the
"retina" display triggers this behavior in 1.12 (but not in 1.9). I
think it is unlikely that this issue will show up on MacOS.

In this particular case, since optimizations are not important -
building both pixman and cairo for iOS is quite straighforward. If you
prefer, I can forward you my build scripts (these include some
"proprietary" stuff not related to cairo, so I can't post them on the
mailing list).

You would need at least a minimal iOS application to test this out. I
can help you set it up, if you'd like - it requires XCode though.