[cairo] cairo release 1.12.10 now available

Martin Robinson mrobinson at igalia.com
Thu Jan 24 07:09:22 PST 2013

On 01/24/2013 04:42 AM, Bobby Salazar wrote:
>> cairo-gles has quite performance advantage over cairo upstream, I think more
>> than double normal test cases.  For simple fill/paint/mask where you have
>> pixel-aligned drawing, there probably not much difference.  The text
>> rendering is fast too.
>
> I am a little hesitant to rely on code that remains a one-off for so
> many years. When might these performance improvements from cairo-gles
> be fully merged into the main cairo codebase?

The code from the cairogles repository is gradually landing in Cairo
master. It's really just a matter of cleaning up patches and agreeing on
a shared approach between the spans and msaa compositors in Cairo.

You can follow the upstreaming work here:
http://code.google.com/p/cairogles/wiki/PatchesToUpstream

--Martin