[cairo] Time for a release ?

Dave Yeo dave.r.yeo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:38:15 UTC 2020

On 11/17/20 06:10 AM, Uli Schlachter wrote:
>> [...] however I cannot remember the test-suite passing at
>> any time,
> Yup, I never saw the test suite passing either.

My understanding is that the testsuite requires exactly the right
versions of the various fonts, ghostscript and likely other things and
likely only ever passed on the original developers setup.
In the real world, I tried using the latest (well recent) Cairo with
Firefox and I see some fonts where the beginning of the font is faint or
non-existing. An F where the vertical stroke is missing for example,
only at the beginning of lines and mostly where Firefox fakes system
menus. This might be partially caused by the system font but still seems
to be a regression.
Dave