[cairo] Problems to compile cairo with pango support

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sat Sep 26 05:46:52 UTC 2020

Am 26.09.20 um 02:09 schrieb alexandre schenberg:
> So I reinforce my call for aid in figuring out why they are facing so many
> issues finding these files

Sorry, but the issues that you reported so far all exist because you are
passing in incorrect values. I am not sure what deeper truth you are
hoping for here.

> and what to do with:
> "/usr/bin/ld: /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Cairo-1.10.0/lib/: No such
> file: File format not recognized"

A quick search through your mail says that this value comes from your
CAIRO_LIBS environment variable. Latest Pango no longer uses autotools
(and I am too lazy to search through older versions), but I bet the
output of ./configure --help says something like "this should be the
path to the cairo library".

So, try appending libcairo.so to the value you pass in (and before doing
so, check that this file actually exists; I am merely guessing here):

CAIRO_LIBS=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Cairo-1.10.0/lib/libcairo.so

Cheers,
Uli
--
- Buck, when, exactly, did you lose your mind?
- Three months ago. I woke up one morning married to a pineapple.